The Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers, Inc. has six (6) Specialty Divisions in the areas of Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Water Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Project Management and Construction Engineering & Environmental and Energy Engineering which shall serve as the technical arms of the Institute at the national level. Activities of the Specialty Divisions shall include but not limited to:
- Periodic assessment of the quality of practice
- Setting of standards and practices
- Preparations of CPE programs for direct implementation and/or implementation by the various chapters
- Administration of technical sessions during national conventions, conferences and seminars
- Identification of recipients of PRC Certificate of Recognition.